Friday, July 16, 2010

Not much to say, but still progressing!

I haven't been writing much, but I haven't been in a blogging mood with any of my blogs lately, so that's why. It isn't because I haven't been working at my exercise program, 'cause I really really have! Ever since I lightened up on myself and stopped worrying about the weight so much, my life has been a lot happier. I haven't had any bouts with depression and crying because the weight wasn't coming off as fast as I'd like it to. It still isn't coming off as fast, but focusing on working out and getting up to 100 workouts has been a much more positive process, something I can control. And I'm discovering that even though walking for 30 minutes is easier than running for 30 minutes, I still want to run. I want to push myself, because I know I'll see better results. The eating part could be a bit better, but I like to eat good sweet things. I just got back from a great vacation in Parawon, UT with family, and then Seattle with more family. I love KB's food when he grills, so I ate well up there.
And in Seattle, I knew there were going to be some yummy places, especially the Trophy cupcakes with Esther where we taste tested 4 cupcakes. I still lost weight.

I think it was because I knew these "eating moments" were coming, and so I would workout more and stay away from the snack foods that just were fluff and not really taste. I really think about if something is really worth eating before I put it in my mouth. Yesterday, 1/4 of a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Carmel Apple was worth putting in my mouth. But a random average granola bar from Wyatt's snack bin (which I looked at and threw back), then not so much.




So just a little report, as you can see in my weigh-in's column, I have lost 19.5 lbs as of this morning and I have done 67 workout sessions. If I do 2 to 3 workout sessions 6 days a week, which is what I've usually been doing, I'll have my big reward by the end of this month. Disneyland here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment