Saturday, July 31, 2010

100 WORKOUTS!


I did it! I celebrated my 100th workout today by jogging (and a little walking, shhh!) 3 miles today! I knew it was going to be a great day when I weighed myself and saw that I had lost another pound. 22 pounds total! I decided this workout needed to be bigger than the rest. Something that would push me just a bit more than usual. I have had a 3 mile running route in mind, but never had the time or the guts to try it. Today was the day. When I run, I either have one dog with me, or two, or a stroller with a kid, or all three. It felt weird, but today, I had none of them. Duke was limping from swimming yesterday, Da Vinci is just an old fart, and Wyatt was sleeping. I also needed to do this run for just myself. There's always an excuse behind my other runs. "The dogs need exercise...Wyatt gets to feed the chipmunks at the park...we need to get out of the house." But this was just for me. And to be honest, I didn't like it. It was a foreign feeling. Those dogs and that great kid of mine are always with me...and I like it that way. If I'm going to be alone, I'd rather be getting a pedicure.

Though my Disneyland goal got tweaked a bit, my other rewards have stayed the same. Looks like I've earned a new dress and just a couple pounds from calling a photographer!

My work is still not done yet. Deep down, I've still hung on to the goal of losing 30 pounds, and since I'm only 8 pounds away, I want to keep trying. And I'm actually thinking about buying the "Insanity" workout to get me there. Heaven help me. The infomercials makes me want to cry. But its time to push on to the next goal and try something new!

1 comment:

  1. Love you! Love your blog! Your motivation is contagious!!! Keep going, I'm right behind you, wish me luck:) Deborah

    ReplyDelete